This is a lot of fun to do; I have no idea what each butterfly will look like until I get the colors all in. They don’t look like any butterflies that ever lived, and I’m actually fine with that; it makes the project look more like a quilt than like a board with dead butterflies pinned to it. I think this is going to look good over our fireplace. I’m thinking about mounting it in a tray; the layout seems like a natural for that, and it would look more interesting hanging than just a regular framing job. Bonus: I haven’t found a framer here yet, and I could do the tray mount myself.
You might notice from the first photo to the second that I made a huge mistake on the first butterfly. I hate when the only difference between two symbols on a chart is that one is bold and the other isn’t. Fortunately, those two symbols appeared side by side on the second butterfly I did, so I caught the mistake early and fixed it.